Saturday, June 1, 2013

That One Time I Was A Movie Extra



It happened one night. I was at the market and suddenly a big-time movie producer "discovered me."

Just kidding, I saw an article about how a movie needed extras to be football fans and I thought, okay, that's an easy enough way to cross off "be in a movie" from my bucket list.

So the next day, Caleb and I walked down to the stadium at 9 in the morning.


At around 11:00 or so, after signing photo releases and our lives away, we finally got to go underneath the stadium seating to the actors' holding area and dressing room. We did not get to go inside, buuuut we got to stand in a single file line outside while the props lady gave different people props to use.


And we got to watch the actors filter in and out. We stood roughly 10 feet away from some dude from Band of Brothers. Let's just say Caleb recognized him, and I didn't. We did see the main actor quite a few times, and every time we saw him, he was imitating Arnold Schwarzenegger's voice. In the dressing room, in between takes, literally every time we saw him.

After receiving props, we were sent back to our holding area until noon, at which point we were filtered in a very small section of stadium seats. We cheered and cheered (without a sound) for a good hour. I doubt Caleb and I will be very noticeable, as we were on the edge of the seating.


After they didn't release us for a lunch break or anything, we left. We were too hungry to sit around and wait another two hours. Food > Being a movie extra in multiple scenes in an unorganized movie.


It was worth it, and was slightly fun, when we weren't waiting for 3 hours to actually do something.

No comments:

Post a Comment