Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Lessons Learned From...Maleficent

So my ma and I saw Maleficent as our last hurrah with me being a "single" girl. I thought it was pretty good, though surprisingly short (which wasn't bad since the USA vs. Belgium match started right after the movie ended).

So here are the things I learned while watching the revamp of Sleeping Beauty (SPOILER ALERT kind of):

If someone cuts off a piece of you and stores it in a glass container and makes it into a shrine and talks to it and goes crazy then it is highly possible that that piece of you could totally reattach to you and be perfectly fine, but only if you're magic.

If you have really high cheekbones, you're automatically a villain. (I'm watching you too, Stefan.)

In (supposedly) France, people have both British and Scottish accents, but not French accents.

 Always wear leather pants underneath your outfit, because you never know when someone's going to rip off your clothes during a fight, or when you need to become a horned Catwoman.

Ents are great crossover characters.

I will never feel okay with the lady who played Umbridge in Harry Potter #5, no matter how many other characters she plays. Never. I am sorry, Imelda Staunton. I am so so sorry.

The main thing I learned:
Disney is really on a kick right now of "true love" being not between two lovers, but between family or friends of some sort (like Frozen). 

Interesting.
This was the only Maleficent picture I liked on Google image search.

No comments:

Post a Comment