Saturday, July 23, 2011

Happenings from babysitting

There are two fantastic kids that I get to babysit every so often. Both are boys. Automatically it seems like a fairly tough job, which it is. However, these kids are some of the funniest boys I know. Most of the time it isn't intentional...that's the best part.



Earlier this summer, we were talking about how we wished that it would snow in June! The boys said that they could build snowmen really well. In fact, they made a giant snowman this winter! And guess how big it was!



"It was bigger than daddy, and he's 40!!"



These boys are also supposed to go outside and play for a while when it isn't too hot or too rainy. But, they really like to play Wii. One day, I told them that if they played outside for 30 minutes in the morning, they could play Wii right after. So we all went outside and started jumping on the trampoline. A couple minutes in, the youngest boy says, "I need to go to the bathroom, I'll be right back!" So, he left and the oldest boy and I kept on jumping. After about 5 minutes, we noticed that he had been gone a while. The oldest boy said, "I bet he is playing the Wii!!"




We decided to investigate. We climbed off the trampoline and walked back inside. And sure enough, there was the youngest boy, sitting on the couch, shoes kicked off, playing the Wii!! I asked, "Did you go use the bathroom?" To which he replied, "Oh! I forgot."




Another instance of just how much they like the Wii...I came in one morning and one of the first things their mother told me was that they had to play outside before they could play Wii. Right after she left, I noticed a sign had been put up underneath the TV saying, "Today is a Wii day." I was almost fooled.




The oldest boy loooooves Star Wars. Every time I talk to him he tells me about Darth Maul, Annakin, and Yoda. The last time I babysat, we watched some of the newest animated TV series based on Star Wars. He turned to me and said, "Have you ever watched Star Wars?" When I told him I had, he was shocked! "You've seen it? But you're old!"



My favorite of all their moments, though, was one day when their dad came home early. We had been playing outside and when the youngest one saw his dad pull in the driveway, he said, "Please don't go! I want you to stay just a little bit longer!"

No comments:

Post a Comment