Friday, July 29, 2011

Here at the BBC!

Sometimes I wonder why I didn't get to know people sooner. For instance, after counseling church camp for two weeks and getting to know some amazing people who had been there before along with me, I couldn't figure out how I had never met them until this year.

For starters, there's the girl I bonded with over Harry Potter wands, deep talks about God and heaven while we star-gazed, discussing boys, and reading favorite Bible verses. It turns out that she and I were at church camp for about three years together. And we had always known of each other, but never knew each other.

Then there are the twins that started going to camp last year when I was a senior. We had never talked until I found out that they were planning on going to the same college as I was. Now it is insane to think that I had never known them before, because after the past two weeks, it feels like we've always been friends.

I can't forget to mention the girl who I was lucky enough to be in a cabin with for two weeks. She was also someone I had known of since last year. After fun talk as well as serious talk, I can now say that she is my friend!

There are many others who I have met this year at camp who are just as special to me as the people I mentioned. And now I wait to see how these friendships will grow in my life. I believe that God puts people in your life for a reason. I just can't wait to find out for what reasons that these beautiful people are in my life! (Other than inspiring me, helping me to grow closer to God, and contributing to my wonderful two weeks at camp!)


2 comments:

  1. Tam Tam, I love you and I'm so happy we finally got to know each other and be friends! I can tell this will be one of those lifelong things :)

    ReplyDelete