Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Kid-sitting

Today I got to baby-sit (or as I used to say when I was their age, kid-sit) my tiny friends G and B!  I wanted to share some of my favorite quotes and events from today, because it never fails that they entertain me with their talk.

“You can never have too much yogurt.”-B after his second helping of yogurt.  He had one more before I left at 3:30.  When we saw an Activia commercial while watching cartoons, he went and got some yogurt out of the fridge and brought it out to me singing, “Activiaaaa,” like a true stud.  I hope this is a pick-up line he uses in the future.  “Hey girl, you look under the weather. Have some Activia.”

“Wait, stand still.  There’s a wasp.  They can smell fear out in these parts.”-G while we were on the trampoline.  I don’t think he was trying to sound as Crocodile Hunter-esque as he did.

My favorite question of the day was from B, asking, “What is a moonstone?” while looking through his Pokémon book.  I may not be a great mentor for youth, but I sure can lay out some poke-knowledge for you.  He continued to ask what different things mean like, “What is a link trade?” and “What does it mean when it says that it evolves based on friendship?” 

And finally, “Is that cookie really going to take 3 hours and 32 minutes?”  B saw the real time on the oven and confused it for the baking time.  Classic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment