Thursday, December 13, 2012

I just want to brag a little bit...

I used to say I'm not one for mushy stuff, but that was before I started dating Caleb. I'm still not a fan of gross amounts of PDA, or of people calling each other baby all the time, but my goodness, I don't mind telling people about Caleb.

Last week was pretty bad. Just a few days, a few problems here and there, and the whole week went pretty sour. I woke up late - as in 20 minutes before class started, and I live 10 minutes away from campus. Many thanks for the campus minister who kindly drove me to class in my desperate moments.

Then, the speech I was to do that day got postponed, etc., etc., and then it was Wednesday. This day was better in the fact that I did not have a class to go to. That night the paper I work for had a Christmas party, which was fun! I ended up with two amazing-smelling candles.

As I walked to meet Caleb in a nearby parking lot to go to church, I noticed my arms getting unusually tired. And then suddenly, my notebooks, folders, food, and candles all spilled out of my hands onto the concrete. A few yards away stood five guys, just standing and staring at me, not offering to help, just watching me as I tried to scoop up my belongings and the broken glass that once surrounded one of my candles.

About that time, Caleb's truck came swooping in and he ran out to help me pick up everything. Doesn't sound like much, but after the mortification I had just suffered, it was enough.

Saturday night, Caleb gave me a pedicure. And it was the most beautiful pedicure I've ever received. He washed and massaged my feet, took off my nail polish, had me file my own nails because he didn't know how, and then proceeded to apply base, main, and top coat to my toes. It was the cutest thing to watch him carefully paint about 6 layers of black glitter polish to my nails, and then apologize when my toes got stuck together due to the fact that my nails weren't dry.
It was actually a really good job!
That's all it took to give me a better week, and I just wanted to share it.

P.S. If you are one of Caleb's brothers and are reading this...it was the manliest pedicure ever. Blood, guts, and gore.
Here are some scenes from the RFC Christmas party we had the other day. Kelsy and I nearly won this game.

No comments:

Post a Comment