Monday, December 31, 2012

A look back on 2012

Well, my friends, this year taught me a lot about patience, about getting over myself, and mostly, about Murphy's Law:
Anything that can go wrong, will.
 
There was the first part of the year. After a barrage of family deaths, another one hit the closest to home: my sister's miscarriage. It's not something that we just talk about, but it is something that weighs on us still, I think (though I can't speak for everyone.)
 
Not to mention the one-month long food poisoning/driving-induced stress stomach problems. I could barely make it to class, much less eat. Every night I wondered if I'd get better.
 
Then there were the vehicle problems later on in the year. On a trip to back to my college-town, I had a tire bust on the interstate.
 
Not too far after that, my car was acting funny, so we (well, Caleb and the campus minister) replaced my water pump. A few weeks later, my car starting steaming and overheating, and I had to get my radiator replaced. Then just a few weeks ago, my battery died. So, new battery. I had half a mind to just forget it all and buy a new vehicle.
 
Those are just a small portion of the large picture, but guess what! This year wasn't completely bad. Actually, there was a lot of good.
 
Surprise! My sister is pregnant and due in March, not too long before my birthday! I'm going to have a lovely niece to hold.
 
My friend Jesse saved me from that busted tire on the interstate, since it happened in his hometown. When I say saved, I mean he called his police-officer dad, who was kind and came to help us change tires as my parents drove up.
 
A load of my friends got engaged this year (at an average rate of 1 a week). But two of them asked me to be in the wedding, and I couldn't be more happy for them and for getting to share in their special days.
 
I got a cute puppy, surely you've seen her by now. She knows how to dance and sit and ask Dad for biscuits.
 
I got a job at the school paper, and now I get to write about the sports I go to see! It's possible that I've made the important men in my life sorta proud.
 
The summer camps I worked out were nice and just what I needed. (They also gave me the tan-ish that I wanted.)
 
Caleb and I celebrated two years of dating in October. That was pretty neat.
 
Aaaand now, here are my favorite images of the year!
I got a surprise birthday party this year!

Here are my two roommates. They're pretty cool and pretty pretty.

Our 2-year date to the corn maze.

Oh look, our two most popular players.
 

They are cute.

Christmas Party game.

Me and my pop.
Dwight and Angela





Dottie!

Here is Amy, my first friend to get engaged (it's possible she started the trend last December!)

And here's Cori, who also proposed to me to be a bridesmaid.
If you wondered how I did on my goals for the new year...well...I did about 5.5 of them. Which is terrible, but also good. That's why they are goals, not resolutions!


2 comments:

  1. Your puppy is so cute! Well 5.5 goals is still 5.5 more than before :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you so much :) can't wait to skype you!

    ReplyDelete