Friday, December 27, 2013

Rewind, Be Kind

A photo that could probably describe many people's year.
The year is nearly over, and boy howdy how little I have blogged. I always take pride in this thing, and yet I neglect it so much. It's okay though, the blog's inanimate and doesn't really care what I do with it, so I don't feel too bad.

But this year, important things happened. And I don't just mean like, cool things, I mean, life-changing, eye-opening, world-flipping, wonderful and terrible things happened.

I won't put these in particular order, but the things that come to my head first are going to go first.

My sweet little niece was born in January, as you may remember from this post. She's healthy, getting bigger every day, and babbling like she's got something to tell you. She's also lifting herself up and crawling around, so any day now I'm ready for her to walk over to me!

Caleb was fantastic and proposed this summer in the most perfect-for-me way. Now we're planning a wedding set for summer.

I worked two different sports-related jobs and thus decided that becoming a sports media relations person perhaps was not the dream I wanted to follow like I had previously thought. My jobs offered a lot of experience though, and I liked them.

A friend died at a very young age. It hit hard for a lot of people, including me, my roommates, and Caleb. He was a good kid, and even in death it seems as if he is still touching lives.

I perfected my banana bread recipe. (Don't tell me this isn't life-changing. It's my specialty.)

We had a snow and ice storm that kept us stuck in the house for nearly a week. So much roommate bonding happened. It was good.

I made new friends and got to know current friends even better, which has also made me so much more happy this year than ever before.

Many friends got married this year, some of which allowed me the honor of being a part of their ceremonies.

I got my first fancy camera, and now I can take some decent pictures that are sharp and good quality. Heading on my way to grow my hopes of becoming a photographer.

And that about sums up everything I can remember. If you're lucky and I'm really diligent, I may post a photo year in review in the days to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment