Friday, October 14, 2011

fRecipe fRiday!

Growing up, the world's greatest dessert was the same for all of my family (or at least for my dad and me.) Every time there was a potluck at church, I'd slap some on my dad's plate and I'd grab a massive bowl for myself full of
BANANA PUDDING!
I was really nervous to make this, seeing as something this wonderful has to be an insane endeavor. And I was positive that I couldn't pull it off.

So go ahead and get out a fairly large mixing bowl and dump one 14-oz can of sweetened condensed milk and 1 1/2 cups of water into it, then mix. Pour one box of vanilla instant pudding mix in as well and beat. Once it is well blended, put it in the fridge for about 5 minutes.

After you take it out, you are going to "fold in" 1 pint (2 cups) of heavy whipping cream. Supposedly you want to mixture to retain its thickness, but when the cream and the mixture wasn't folding like I wanted to, I just stirred it until it was mixed well.
Use a large glass dish/bowl/container and pour in one-ish cup. Put some vanilla wafers and banana slices on top. Pour another cup or so of pudding on top, and add some more wafers and slices. Do that one more time, using the rest of the pudding. Now you can create your masterpiece with wafers and slices. I did not get fancy.
Put the pudding in the fridge for a while (how long is up to you) and eagerly wait to eat some of the oncoming deliciousness. If you are concerned about the bananas going bad in the fridge, dip them in lemon juice before putting them on the pudding. I was not concerned with this because 1) I forgot to do that part...and 2) I will devour that pudding long before it thinks about going bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment