Tuesday, October 18, 2011

One Whole Year!

Yesterday was mine and my boyfriend's one-year anniversary. That's right, one whole year of dealing with each other. I made Caleb a nice scrapbook of our past year....and he sent me on a scavenger hunt.







At about 4:30 he came in with a rose and a little note that led me to my green vase (originally filled with plastic flowers) that now held water and another rose, with another note. This one gave me hints that led me to the RFC house. However, I was allowed until 5:45 to go there so I could get ready for our date.
Off to find the rest of my roses!




At 5:45 I headed over, to find another rose telling me that I had to drive to a park (the only one in town that I cannot find on my own.) But that was okay, because he left a map for me to print out. So I took my vase of roses, buckled it up in the passenger seat, and drove to the park.


There Caleb was waiting at a table with a picnic set up--baked potatoes, crescent rolls, fried okra, and Sunny-D. A feast for kings, really. The next rose and note took me back to my apartment so I could park my car.



We exchanged gifts there, and I received a massive craft supply carrier with loads of paintbrushes, crayons, and a few various items.


Then I was told via rose/notes to put some pictures on my SD card, and once that was accomplished, we headed to Wal-Mart. We printed my pictures, bought Green Lantern and beef jerky (I feel as if the more I tell you about what we eat, the less classy we sound,) and went to Caleb's apartment.



There was a large (2 foot tall) canvas on the couch, along with a cork board with fabric and ribbons. The rest of the night I got to craft!


Here are the crayons plus the canvas. I took a blow-dryer to the crayons after hot gluing them on. It isn't the prettiest, since I didn't put them in rainbow order, but I like it. It looks like a storm.


Overall, a wonderful night full of beautiful roses.

1 comment:

  1. oh my, I love all of this! First, you look so pretty. Second, the scavenger hunt/picnic is adorable. Third, beef jerky is boss. Fourth, I LOVE the canvas. It's very cool.

    I'm glad you found someone that is so good to you :) he's a lucky boy.

    ReplyDelete