Saturday, March 10, 2012

How Doughnuts are Made and My Wonderful Weekend

When I think things are bad and will only get worse (I never say things can’t get worse) they begin to look up.  The past few days have been so very nice.  And here’s why:

1) Caleb took me to see a musical I’ve been wanting to see since 2008-In The Heights! It was spectacular and Spanish.  I got to do a tiny bit of translating for him.  La bandera=flag. 

IMG_9579

2) My bro, sis-in-law, Caleb and I went to see the Lorax.  We also hit up CiCi’s beforehand, where we were entertained by multiple random kids working off their cinnamon-roll highs by taking laps around the restaurant.

3) Today I learned how doughnuts were made in a Krispy Kreme store.  Are you ready to learn?  IMG_9587

IMG_9586

IMG_9585

IMG_9584

That last picture is a waterfall of icing falling upon freshly fried doughnuts.  I would very much like to travel along that conveyor belt and take all of that liquid sugar.

4)  I got to spend my day with some of the coolest girls I know.  One of my friends won a little Mary Kay Makeup Day (I just made that up.  The name, not the event.) and a few of us got to tag along!  It was fun, and I won some purple eyeliner!

IMG_9591

So yeah, I had a pretty nice weekend.  One more week of school until Spring Break, and then I’ll be even happier!

No comments:

Post a Comment