Saturday, August 20, 2011

Take Me Out to the Ballgame!

I've seen baseball on television, but I've never been to a game. Baseball seems to be a really boring sport to watch...but so does soccer, and I love it, so I thought I'd give baseball a try.



In reality, this is how I decided to go to a game:



Friend- "Hey do (boyfriend and I) want to go to the game Friday night?"

Me- "Don't they have fireworks?"

Friend- "Yes."

Me- "Yes."



You can't keep me away from fireworks.



At the game we got "foul ball territory" seats, although a ball never came to our little group of people. It was funny to see lots of guys with baseball gloves on just waiting to have the chance to catch a ball.



And then...I had my first shaved ice thingy! It was delicious. Now, it seems a little odd that my first shaved ice would be after I've been at college for a while. Let me explain why I've not had one before.



When I was about 12, I wanted a shaved ice at a pow-wow my family attended. My parents bought me one. It was beautiful. Perfect rainbow stripes. I could be making that part up. But it was mine! I craned my neck to get to a vantage point over the ice before I bit some off...and then...all of the ice slid out of the cup and plopped on the floor. I'm not sure how that happened, but it was devastating.

Our team won, 4 to 0 (I think)! The most exciting times were when we were scoring. So...4 times were exciting.








And then...FIREWORKS! The biggest fireworks I've ever seen!


No comments:

Post a Comment