Tuesday, January 10, 2012

People Get Crazy About Football on Twitter

I love to live tweet during football games that are important to me.  Also, I am an insanely loyal Razorback fan.  So, when the BCS National Championship came on, I had to choose between the lesser of the two evils: Alabama or Louisiana State, both of which beat us.  Naturally, I think, I picked Alabama, who we don’t have an intense rivalry with. 

Most of this is unimportant in the story I have to tell.

My “most famous” tweet of the night was:

I will say this…Arkansas was able to score touchdowns on Bama and LSU.  Not to brag, but #WPS.” (This was before Alabama’s touchdown.)

Eventually, an LSU fan saw my tweet and got incensed.

@Tamtastic27 is this a joke?”

To which I replied:

“I don’t see how it’d be a joke since it’s true!”

To which HE replied:

“Does 41-17 ring a bell?”

I don’t remember saying we beat LSU…did I say that?  Also, don’t get me started on the fact that during this game the Razorbacks were still recovering from the death of a teammate.   120109-233857

So I finished out that conversation with a:

“Oh by no means am I saying that Ark is a better team! Just that we scored touchdowns. You can't deny that! You prove my point.”

It makes me nervous when people tweet like that to me.  I feel like they will come find me in the night and steal my glasses or something.

But then I got another fun tweet!

“but where is ARKANSAS”

Me: “In the Cotton Bowl, where we belonged, because we aren't ranked 1 or 2. Didn't say we were the best. Said we scored some TDs”

See, I tried to be nice!  And these next words are verbatim; I did not edit them:

but that mean nothing they lost right EXCATLY #RTR don’t hate”  (dear whoever you are, thank you for throwing that apostrophe in there)

Me: “Haha no hating at all! Just glad that we could score a few touchdowns on the best teams in the nation! #RollTide

Maybe I just shouldn’t have been proud of my dear Razorbacks, or should have just kept it off the social media sites where who knows who might’ve seen it.  But getting 50 retweets and feeling just downright happy that LSU got blown out in the National Championship made me feel a lot better.

2 comments: