Monday, September 5, 2011

Birfday boy



Look at that cutie :)


Twenty-one years ago today, my boyfriend was born.



One year ago today, when we weren't dating and I didn't know him quite as well, I wrote on his facebook wall:

"Happy birfday! Want a cake?"



Later, I asked him in person what kind of cake he would like. He said, "You were being serious?" So I told him, "I'm always serious when it comes to baked goods."



I guess he found humor in that and decided to accept my offer. We planned out when he wanted it and what cake he wanted (yellow, with chocolate icing. He went easy on me.)



So, one night at the campus ministry house, we set to baking the cake. While it was cooling, a load of people came. Not for the cake; it smelled good but not that good. It turned out that a small group devo was meeting that night. We decided to join in while we waited for the cake to cool.



Afterwards, we iced and decorated the cake. I, being the (for the most part) non-wasteful person that I am, made sure to use every single letter in the "happy birthday" package of candy letters from Wal-Mart. People from the small group stayed and enjoyed cake with us. Which was good, because my boyfriend and I have tiny stomachs.



Looking back, I never would have thought that that night would be such a fun memory, let alone have happened at all! But I'm sure glad it did.

1 comment:

  1. aw, love this! happy birthday to him :)
    p.s. you're cute and i love you.

    ReplyDelete