Friday, September 30, 2011

fRecipe fRiday!

Last night the lovely ladies of the RFC got dolled up and had a progressive dinner. I (plus my dear roommate) and two other girls live in the same apartment complex, so for each portion of dinner, we skipped to each person's apartment and ate. I was in charge of the dessert.

Before I tell you how to make what I made...let me show you what the other ladies made.


Fruit Salsa and cinnamon tortillas...oh it was so good.


Loads and loads of pasta.


Now onto dessert...


SUGAR COOKIE TRUFFLES!


First, I need to explain that I had a terrible experience with this one. I overheated the blender...had to mix everything by hand...the list goes on. But they turned out better than expected for all of the hardship! I'm sure that if they were made perfectly they would be, well, perfect.


Start by making sugar cookies, just like normal. You can use just a bagged mix from the store of around 16-17 oz. Bake them until they are crispy, then let them cool for a while.


Once the cookies are cool, use a food processor to chop them up into fine crumbs. This is the point where I started having to switch to hand mode. However, once the cookies are quite fine, add 3 tablespoons of cream cheese into the processor until the mixture begins to stick together.


Now you can roll 1 inch balls of your mixture and set them on/in something. I used aluminum foil. Pop them in the freezer for about 15-20 minutes.


Here's the semi-fun part. Once you take the balls out of the freezer, get out a bowl and melt one cup of white chocolate chips and one tablespoon of shortening in the microwave 30 seconds at a time (It should only take 2 sets of these.) After each time, stir the mixture until smooth.


Dip each ball into the white chocolate and place back on aluminum foil. Before the chocolate hardens, sprinkle on some colored sprinkles to make them look pretty! (You didn't think you'd get out of here without sprinkling something, did you?)



TADA! I could only eat one in a sitting because they are soooo rich.


No comments:

Post a Comment