Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Football Season

As if you didn't know, it's that magical time of year again. It's cooling down, it smells great outside, and folks are lining up down the stadium drives to get into football games.

We really get in to it up here. And when I say "we," not only do I mean the whole campus, town, and state, I mean my brother and I. Here's a sample of our day Saturday:

Wake up-6:30
Brother picks me up-7:00
Find a good, free, parking spot on campus-7:15
Walk to the campus ministry house to chill-7:30
Eat breakfast-8:00
Watch videos on Youtube of past football games, highlights, the fight song, other cheers, more football games, and the epic conclusion to our last home game of last year-8:00-11:00

By that time, another friend had joined us in our maniacal display of school spirit, and we decided that at 11:00, it was a good time to head down to the stadium to get in line. So we walk and walk and walk, and wouldn't you know it, there were only 5 other people in line. (Albeit they were all saving places for around 10 other people each.)

At 2:00, most everyone from the group we would sit with had shown up. That meant that at that time, the girls began painting the guys. Yes, we had enough guys to spell out our mascot! At 4, we finally got let into the stadium.

Let me make a brief side-note of how my family has the worst luck. My ID decided that it did not want me to go in that gate, and instead, I had to wait for 10 minutes as a lady and a cop wrote down my information and teased me (respectively.) I was finally allowed in, where I found that free sunglasses were being given out. So I grabbed a pair and ran. Fortunately, the group I was going to sit with was on the 5th row. We had great seats.

The game went fairly well, and we beat our non-conference competition 51-7. I love football, but I must let you in on something else super cool! One of my friends is a drum major for the marching band here!

There he is!! The twirlers are presenting him to you.

It was a fun day, lasting from 7 to 11 or so! My legs were sore for a few days...but it was worth it!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous! I would love to go to all the games. Actually I've never even been to one...crazy, I know!
    Miss you, I hope school is going well :)

    ReplyDelete