Thursday, December 1, 2011

An Embarassing Story for the Week

Let me share with you a story of embarrassment.



Yesterday, I went to Hastings to look for the new Abarat book, for which I have been waiting for YEARS.


I looked through the "New Release" books, or whatever you call the books that were just put on shelves, and I couldn't find it.


About that time, I felt the urge to use the bathroom. So, since dear Caleb was standing 5 feet away from me, I decided to tell him.


In the most demonic voice I could manage, I looked at him and growled:


"I have to poo soooo baaaad."


About that time I hear a worker behind me say, "Ma'am, is there something I can help you with?"


"Uh...(looking wildly at Caleb) do you have the newest Abarat book?"


They did not have it in, unfortunately.


Later, I told Caleb this story, and apparently he didn't hear a single word of it. And he was standing right there beside me!!


Now for some pictures from the week:


I went to the candlelight vigil for Garrett Uekman last Monday night. It was sad to see so many players and coaches tearing up while they spoke about their friend and teammate.



We went to Cracker Barrel (where else would you see rocking chairs outside a restaurant?)


My friend repapered a stairway with old Narnia and Lord of the Rings book pages. It is fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment